Society for Family Health (SFH)
|Society for Family Health is one of Nigeria’s largest non-governmental organisations. Founded in 1985 by three eminent Nigerians: Justice Ifeyinwa Nzeako (late), Professor Olikoye Ransome-Kuti (late), Pharmacist Dahiru Wali and Phil Harvey.|
By 2018, SFH will be a strong, vibrant, highly efficient organisation conducting value for money (efficient) scalable yet focused interventions. Using a total market approach (using social marketing, free distribution and cost recovery services) SFH will be implementing projects that will target:
- 50% of the burden of disease in Nigeria.
- 50% of persons within the lower 3 wealth quintiles, who will have access to SFH products or interventions.
- A 5% increase in DALYs yearly with 2012 as the baseline.
- SFH will also have a 10% decrease in cost per DALY averted over the period of 2013-2018 using the 2012 value as deadline, and will have generated a 20% increase in unrestricted funds by 2018 compared to 2012.
- SFH will have developed a plan to spin off a subsidiary conducting logistics, research training, costs recovery products and specific interventions aimed at the for-profit sector including the oil and manufacturing sectors.