LMCU, Supply Chain Specialist
The objective of the LMCU, Supply Chain Specialist position is to provide technical leadership that will ensure the reliable availability of diagnostics ( RDT) , Anti-malarial, Long lasting Insecticides treated nets (LLIN), and other public health commodities, care and support as well as other consumables at designated health facilities in each focus state supported by the Global fund project, in close coordination with the supply chain management systems Senior Technical Manager Procurement and Supply Chain Management System.
- Work with the Senior Manager PSM Spearheading the strategic design and implementation of all SCMS activities implemented under the global fund project in the designated focus state.
- Provide technical assistance (TA) to a multi-disciplinary team of service providers (doctors/nurses/pharmacists/laboratory scientist) to streamline the process for requesting Malaria medical supply by the partner health facilities and order the same from state medical/axial stores.
- Provide TA to a multi-disciplinary team of service providers (doctors/nurses/pharmacists/laboratory scientist) to ensure the institutionalization of efficient and effective inventory management system at designated partner health facilities.
- Able to prepare and analyze Last mile distribution plan and use same to inform long haul plan.
- Provide guidance to a multi-disciplinary team of service providers (doctors/nurses/pharmacists/laboratory scientist) on Adverse Drug Reaction (ADRs) real time monitoring, documentation and reporting (monthly and quarterly).
- Work closely with the senior manager to support NSCIP, and use same to support the state LMCUs.
- Working closely with the Senior Manager PSM to coach and mentor service providers and state government partners to strengthen the SCMS capacity at the state level and in each partner health facilities.
- Utilizing adapted tools, build the capacity of relevant health facility staff (doctors/nurses/pharmacists/laboratory scientists) on forecasting, inventory management and reporting.
- Monthly/ bi-monthly progress report to Senior Technical Manager PSM.
- Work closely with partner health facilities and State government to institutionalize and implement RDTs and Testing Point-delineation-SOP and systems to ensure accountability of the commodities issued to the health facilities by State through ensuring that service providers regularly carry out stock verification and reconciliation of records when and where necessary.
- Working closely with the Senior Technical Manager SCM, to provide TA to the state logistics technical working group (TWG)/ LMCUs to ensure the implementation of a harmonized logistic management system and framework.
- Work closely with the Provide TA to the state government and partner health facilities to ensure the efficient collection and safe disposal of expiries across the supported sites in the state, in line with national and global fund waste drive policy.
- Liaise and network with relevant GF SRs partners and collaborators to improve MSH’s visibility, coordination of activities and promotion of shared advocacy agenda for SCMS at the state level.
- Participate at national-level SCMS technical working group (TWG) meetings hosted by same or other international agencies as required.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor (Senior Technical Manager, PSM)
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree or Doctor of Pharmacy Degree. Post-graduate degree in public health/health science is an advantage.
- Minimum of years’ field level experience with Malarial programs and public health commodities supported by bilateral agencies such as GF, USAID/CDC, and other funders particularly those related to supply chain management.
- Has demonstrated the ability to effectively and efficiently the coordination management Supply Chain Management activities in at least 10 States Malaria program implementation.
- Has shown the capacity to support and strengthen different State governments supply sustainability structures such TWG/LMCUs.
- Ability to leverage on state government human resources to bridge gaps to meet address emergency situations.
- Strong numeric skills and attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload.
- Logical and flexible approach to solving problems, especially when working under pressure.
- Monitoring/assessing performance to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Highly skilled pharmacist.
- Ability to demonstrate skills in Pharmaceutical Care and the analytics.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be registered with the relevant professional body-Pharmacy Council of Nigeria (PCN).
- Have an excellent grasp of SCMS issues and current literature on SCMS in a developing country context.
- Have an excellent understanding of comprehensive malarial programming, including program design, implementation and evaluation.
- Strong working competency in computer applications to carry out management and data analysis as maybe required.
- Data triangulation and validation activities.
- Must possess the ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills and ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action.